Return to rambling page.
Notable Used Book Stores
To help jog the memory on return trips, a list of interesting stores selling used books.
Dharma Books, Reno downtown - (paperback literature).
The Book Gallery, Sparks, North Rock Blvd - (good selection of paperbacks + hardbacks).
Zephyr Books, Reno, So. Virginia St
- (big selection, mostly hardback, somewhat disorganized).
Grass Roots Books, Reno, E. Grove St - (paperbacks, cheap).
... [for a city 1/8 the size of Vegas, Reno's used bookstores are rather more interesting].
Dead Poet Books, Las Vegas west suburb
- (funky inviting interior, spread out and well decorated).
Book Magician, Las Vegas, west Charleston
- (notable for purchase of $160 worth of .NET programming books for $3).
Plaza Books, Las Vegas, south on Eastern
- (best science section of the lot).
Greyhound Books, Las Vegas, west on Sahara
- (mostly specialized hard covers, no-quarter-given proprietor).
... [for a large city, Vegas' used bookstores are slightly unexciting, and the public libraries even less so].
Ken Sanders Rare Books, Salt Lake City downtown
- ("creating chaos out of anarchy for a better tomorrow", LOL).
Sam Wellers Books and Coffee, Salt Lake City downtown
- (3 levels full of nooks+crannies).
Pioneer Book, Provo old downtown mall.
Walrus & Carpenter,
Pocatello downtown - (proprietor somewhat like a poet on a street corner at end of the earth).
Richard van Nice Books
, Helena downtown
- (run by an interesting ex-academic and vietnam vet).
A Few Books More,
Billings downtown - (well worth a visit).
Black & Read, 7821 Wadsworth Blvd, Arvada
favorite used bookstore)
Trident Booksellers & Cafe, Boulder downtown
- (best coffeehouse this side of Vienna).
Secondhand Books, Boulder downtown.
Bookworm, Boulder, 28th Street.
Sandy's Electronic Parts, 961 Matley Ln, Reno - (tons of little goodies)
© www.robotrambler.com, Sept 2008, updated March 2010